Today’s workplace is changing. Sitting at a desk all day is no longer acceptable for a workforce wanting more flexibility, increased comfort, and improved health. Sitting all day has proven to be unproductive, uncomfortable, and unhealthy. According to research:
- Sitting is associated with an increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, and death.
- Sitting strikes approximately 92,000 people each year with avoidable cancer.
- If you sit for a living, your risk of developing cardiovascular disease is twice that of someone who stands on the job.
- Sitting six-plus hours per day makes you up to 40 percent likelier to die within 15 years than someone who sits fewer than three, even if you exercise.
- Sitting is said to be as deadly as smoking.
- When we sit, electrical activity in the legs shuts down enzymes that help break down fat by 90 percent and calorie burning drops to one per minute.
- Sitting causes good cholesterol levels to drop after two hours.
- Researchers have linked sedentary behavior to increased risk of several forms of cancer and blood clots, which can cause strokes and heart attacks, among other health problems.
- Sitting causes the risk of diabetes to increase 24 percent.
- One study found that sitting for less than three hours a day could increase life expectancy by two years.
Employers and employees alike are looking for new alternatives. With an increased concern for workforce health, and pressure to decrease health insurance costs, employers are looking for new ways to improve employee health and productivity.
Production Automation offers standing workstations to help promote health and comfort in the workspace. You can view the three sizes available online.
Production Automation also offers additional products to aid in standing workspaces, such as anti-fatigue mats, sit-stand stools, and mobile workstations which are a great solution for standing workers on the go, such as warehouse inventory personnel or nurses – people whose job duties go beyond a single stationary workspace.
You can view our entire website here or contact us at 888.903.0333 or by email at [email protected] We are always available to answer questions, help find solutions, and get you free quotes for any product we offer.