The TargetBlower is an in-tool ionizing blower designed to control static charge in near critical environments. With ±5V or better balance, it meets the requirements for those targeted areas that need stable electrostatic protection. The TargetBlower‘s space-saving design is perfect for point-of-use applications found in semiconductor final manufacturing and in other automated process tools. The unique chassis with a built-in collimator ensures directed ionized airflow at the target, efficiently eliminating hazardous static charge.
A self-cleaning ionization system makes the TargetBlower a convenient device that delivers consistent, excellent performance without requiring time-consuming adjustments or maintenance.
- ±5 balance or better
- Automatic emitter cleaning system
- Collimated chassis directs ionization to target area
- Enhanced features include Factory Monitoring System (FMS) connection and alarm LED
- Compact size with no separate control box
- Provides electrostatic protection to the most sensitive of devices
- Uninterrupted ionization is ensured with minimal user maintenance required
- Optimized point-of-use protection is perfect for automated in-tool applications
- Ionization status is easily monitored directly at the tool or from a remote location
- Charge protection for even the most space-limited automation tools
Innovative Air Ionization Technology
The TargetBlower features an emitter wire design consisting of a thin filament electrode that generates a flowing ion air stream that produces greater ion generation. As a result, the TargetBlower is able to deliver excellent discharge balance without the aid of external sensors in the close confines of tool equipment.
The self-cleaning ionization system is programmed to operate every seven days with the TargetBlower is continuously on at any speed. Turning the TargetBlower off/on will activate the self-cleaning system and restart the seven day count cycle. This means that once the TargetBlower is installed, no continuous maintenance is required, ensuring ionization without interruption.
After initial setup to meet the application environment specifications, no further adjustments to the TargetBlower are necessary. The TargetBlower features internal circuitry designed to ensure uninterrupted, balanced performance.
The TargetBlower‘s small size and unique form factor provides flexibility in choosing a mounting location that allows the best ESD protection.
- Input Voltage: 24 VDC, 5.5W (max)
- Indicators: Green LED for power, red LED for alarm
- Controls: Balance adjustment; fan high/off/low switch
- Connectors: Telephone-style RJ handset input for external power supply or tool power; 2-pin terminal for FMS relay closure output
- Ion Emission: Pulsed high frequency
- Emitter Wire: Tungsten corona wire
- Airflow: 15 cfm (typ)
- Discharge: <4sec @ 1ft¹
- Balance: ±5 or better¹
- Cleanroom Class: Meets ISO 14644-1 Class 5; Fed Std. 209E Class 100
- Mounting: Two 6-32 mounting screw holes on bottom of blower
- Operating Environment: Temperature 50-90°F (10-32°C); humidity 30-60% RH (non-condensing); will provide specified performance with operated in an environment meeting the cleanliness requirements for ISO Class 7 (Fed. Std. 209e Class 10000)
- Ozone: 0.015ppm (typ)
- Chassis Material: Static dissipative plastic
- Dimensions: 4.2H x 2.6W x 3.4D in. (10.7H x 6.5W x 8.7D cm)
- Weight: 0.6lb (272g)
- Warranty: Two year limited warranty
- Certifications: RoHS Compliant
¹ Tested in accordance with ANSI/ESD STM3.1-2006