So, last but not least is the Hakko FT-700 Tip Polisher, a maintenance kit to renew oxidized soldering iron tips. Great for Lead-Free solder!
When hand soldering with lead-free alloys, higher tip temperatures and highly active fluxes causes oxidation and corrosion, which greatly decreases the life of your soldering tip. The Hakko FT-700 tip polisher helps increase the life of your tip by keeping it clean and free from oxidation easily and quickly.
- FAST and EASY way to keep your soldering iron tips clean adn free from oxidation
- Two spinning polishing brushes (brushes will not damage tip plating)
- Lead-free chemical paste for immediate tip tinning
- Insert the tip between the two spinning polishing brushes to clean the tip and remove the oxide
- Dip the tip into the FS-100 lead-free chemical paste to re-tin the tip, the fine powder Sn is melted immediately
After Applying the Hakko FS-100 to the tip:
- Insert the tip between the spinning brushes of the FT-700 to remove melted chemical paste
- Tin the tip with the solder you are currently using before placing the iron in the holder (This prevents the flux residue of the FS-100 from the PWB)
will quickly realize the benefits of mainting a clean, oxidation-free tip, especially when working with lead-free alloys.
Note: The FS-100 chemical paste is included with the FT-700 tip polisher.
- Part Number: FT700-05
- Power Consumption: 4.5W (120V)
- Outer Dimensions: 2.8″ x 2.1″ x 4.0″ (70mm x 54mm x 101mm)
- Weight: 1.4lbs. (0.65kg)
- FS100-01 Chemical Paste (Included in initial purchase)
- B3052 Polishing Brush (2 pieces) (Included in initial purchase)