The Hakko FX-888 is an inexpensive yet durable temperature adjustable soldering station that provides more power and takes up less bench space than its predecessor (the Hakko 936).
The added power of the FX-888 provides up to a 30% increase in operator productivity due to the increased thermal performance and faster thermal recovery time.
Today, workbench space is at a premium, and the Hakko FX-888 uses approximately 35% less surface area compared to the Hakko 936.
Output has been increased by 30% compared to that of the Hakko 936, the conventional tip design was reviewed and the shape was improved to provide more efficient heat transfer from the heating element. As a result, the thermal recovery time to 350°C is twenty seconds faster, and the drop in tip temperature during continuous work is reduced (refer to thermal recovery graph), enabling the time for performing the same work to be shortened (refer to the graph showing performance comparison) and work efficiency to be greatly increased.
- Adjustable temperature control with lock/set screw
- Temperature range 392° – 896°F (200° – 480°C)
- Maintains idle temperature within 1.8°F (1°C)
- Ceramic heating element and sensor ensures rapid heat-up temperature and fast thermal recovery
- Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature display
- Temperature adjusted by simply turning the dial
- slender iron handles are padded and have an ergonomic design for comfort and ease of use
- Wide selection of tips available for soldering SMD and through-hole applications.